The recipe isn't so hard my mom's specialty as far i could remember. Whenever we have company coming our house and some special gatherings going on this fish Escabeche is sure on the center of the table. And so from time to time i can't help to missing it! We live in TN state and it is so hard to have such fish to cook for yummy escabeche so when i saw this salt water fish in the market weeks ago i grabbed quite a bit to content me, lol. The husband is not really a fish eater so i ate them all till i drop kidding aside but i was so happy and satisfied at least I've finally cook it.
- On a skillet, Heat oil and fry fish till crispy brown. Set aside.
- On different deep skillet, sauteed garlic, onion, ginger, bell peppers gradually
- Next pour slice carrots and stir them altogether for 5minutes or till slightly cooked.
- On a measuring cup mix all the liquid ingredients including brown sugar and corn starch mixed it well.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and add the fish. Simmer till sauce thickened, season it with salt and pepper. You can decide how sweet or sour your escabeche is by adding sugar or vinegar to it.
- Serve hot with white rice.